Wednesday 18 January 2012

The one in which I'm seeing double!!

Never thought seeing double would make me this happy!!!! The count on my pedometer for yesterday was an insane 19759. My target each day is 10,000. But doubling it, is just sweeeet. Parts of my body is of course in pain. But then again, no pain - no gain. 
I ate right yesterday. Did an hour on the elliptical and clocked a distance of 6.3km(4.9 miles), did an hour of step work out and 1 hour of super fun zumba. I don't go by the calories burned - I don't think they are an accurate indicator of how much was burnt. I just going to be consistent. Go to the gym 6 days a week. Eat right. And I'm positive it will all work. Counting calories of what I eat is very very difficult in India. We don't get the nutritional value of food we eat. It's not as simple as 1 cup veg, 1 cup lentils. It's how it's made. So I'm not even going to go down that road. But I know what I'm supposed to eat and how much. Portion control is the big one. So this is what I eat: 
Before gym at 6am - A fruit (a banana or an orange), 3-4 almonds soaked over night
During gym - atleast 2 liters of water 
Breakfast - 4 tbs of oats cooked in water. very little milk added after it's cooked. Add honey and flaxseed powder. One whole pomegranate. A glass of tea with no sugar.   
Snack - Green Tea and a fruit
Lunch - 2 spinach roti's(tortillas the indian way. very healthy) with flaxseed, 2 veg, 1 cup salad
Snack - Fruit 
During my second session at the gym - 1 liter of water
Evening tea without sugar
Dinner - cooked vegetables and lentils. 1 cup yogurt. 
I'm guessing all this should not be more than 1300-1500 cal a day. So I'm okay with it. 

Yesterday was a day of victories: On the elliptical, I was struggling at 40 minutes. Wanted to get off. Kept talking to myself and pushed to finish it off and last evening, after zumba, I was so tempted to eat street food. But just drove on. 2 instances where I could've caved in, but didn't. All these battles won, will win me the war eventually. 

What I plan to do today: 1 hour of elliptical, and introducing128 crunches(count of 16 and 8 sets, of different variations) an hour of swimming, an hour of power yoga and an hour of zumba.

No comments:

Post a Comment